Supervised by: Associate Professional or Qualified Professional
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Experience working in a residential setting.
- Experience supervising individuals in the workplace.
- Assist and support people to realize their goals and attain personal outcomes.
- Assist and support people to develop and /or maintain a social support network.
- Assist and support people to maintain or re-establish their family connections.
- Assist and support people to maintain their home.
- Assist and support people to maintain their health and well-being.
- Assist and support people to utilize their community and its resources.
- Assist and support people to direct their services and make informed choices in all aspects of their life.
- Assist and support to have a safe environment in which to live and work, free of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- To be an advocate for people with disabilities and to teach members of the communication to treat people we support with dignity and respect by modeling positive attitudes and respectful communication and interactions.
- Participate in and use knowledge gained in training established by Shine-Light, Inc.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Operations Manager is responsible for the education and supervision of all Support Specialist in the facility
- Staff Scheduling
- Facility inspections/maintenance
- Communication of Agency events and training needs
- Monitoring Data Collection
- Ensuring Active Treatment
- Ensuring appropriate service implementation
- Coordinating Community Activities
- Management of Facility petty cash and system to support people served with finances.
- Coordinate medical appointments. Follow age appropriate medical standards for each individual to ensure proper medical care yearly.
- Maintain proper records for medical care in the appropriate places.
- Any additional demands deemed necessary by supervisor.
To apply for this position email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910.323.1335 for more information.