Supervised by: Home Manager, Associate Professional or Qualified Professional
- Experience in supporting people with disabilities with achieving their goals and outcomes.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, complete tasks as instructed, receptive to new ideas, and problem solve.
- Have a belief that everyone can and must have an opportunity to learn and grow regardless of their disability.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent. Possess the ability to meet and maintain insurability and commit to providing a drug free, non-violent work environment for our consumers and employees.
- Assist and support people with realizing their goals and attaining personal outcomes.
- Assist and support people with developing and/or maintaining a social support network.
- Assist and support people with maintaining or re-establishing their family connections.
- Assist and support people with maintaining their homes.
- Assist and support people with maintaining their health and well-being.
- Assist and support people with utilizing their community and its resources.
- Assist and support people with their direct services and making informed choices.
- Ensure that the environment in which people live and work is safe and free of abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Be an advocate for people with disabilities educating the community on how to interact with individuals who have disabilities.
- Participation in educational opportunities offered by the company.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Program Services
- Provide information to team members obtained from meeting and assessments concerning the dreams, goals, strengths, and needs of the people you will support.
- Instruct people on strategies designed to help them achieve their goals and realize their personal outcomes. In both informal and formal settings, document the results for future use in determining progress in reaching set goals.
- Assist people with managing their finances, maintenance and protection of personal belongings, arranging for transportation, and how to be active in the community.
- Assist people with maintaining their homes, yards, and vehicles in compliance with health, safety, and company standards.
- Support peoples with personal appearance to include education on hygiene and grooming.
2. Health Services
- Monitor and document health information continuously so that complete and accurate people information is available in case of an emergency.
- Assist people with administering their medications, scheduling/attending appointments, and understanding instructions given by health care providers.
- Meet people’s nutritional needs by encouraging them to eat healthy, follow dietary restrictions set forth by their physician, and prepare meals set in place by their dietician as needed.
3. General Responsibilities
- Be sure to adhere to scheduled work hours. If an emergency occurs (accident, hospitalization, death in family), notify your supervisor prior to your work shift.Maintain people and workplace confidentiality.
- Employees will abide by all Shine Light policies and procedures.
- Employees will maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with people, employees, and persons employed by Shine Light.
- In an effort to ensure the health, welfare, and safety of our people keep an open line of communication between co-workers, supervisors, and other necessary individuals.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned on a case to case basis
To apply for this position email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org call 910.323.1335 for more information.